Google Drive is one of many cloud computing options along with Dropbox, OneDrive, and Evernote. However, a great feature that Google Drive has is a program for PC that allows you to interact with your Google Drive file space via Windows File Explorer. This lets you save files to the cloud without going through the hassle of web browsing (hooray!). Below are steps on how to download Google Drive and then verify the installation.
Steps to Download Google Drive with JAWS using Internet Explorer
- Go to The Google Drive PC Download Page
- Use Insert + F7 to open the link lists dialog. Press D until you find the link titled Download for PC.
- The next page will have the terms of service and your focus should be on the Accept and Install button, so you can simply press enter. However, if you find you’re not on this button, use Insert + F5 to open the forms list dialog. Now press A until you find the button titled Accept and Install. Press enter to move your focus to this button, and then press enter again to activate this button.
- Use Alt + N to interact with the pop-up window to run the google drive download.
- A User Account Control Pop-up will open. Use tab to move around this message and select allow it to make changes to your computer.
- Use tab to move to the Get Started button.
- A dialog will open prompting you for your Google username and then password. These entries for username and password are on separate pages, so you can simply press enter after you have entered each.
- The next set up windows explain the basics of Google Drive for PC. Simply use Tab to move to the next button on each page.
Check that Google Drive was Successfully Installed
- Use Windows + E to open a new File Explorer window.
- Use Tab and Shift + Tab to navigate the File Explorer menu until you find the Tree View.
- Use the Up and Down Arrows to navigate through the sections of the Tree View until you find Google Drive.
Alternative Method to Check that Google Drive was Successfully Installed
- Press the Windows button.
- Type Google Drive.
- Press Insert + Tab and you should hear Google Drive announced as a program. Press enter and file explorer will be launched.